Sunday, January 2, 2011

Luco's New Year Resolution

My name is Luco. It's the new year, so I've decided to make a resolution and stick to it this time. I'm tired of always being sad. Of feeling bereft. I know that I'm the only one who can change things for myself. I'm hereby holding myself accountable for my gloominess. For each time I've looked at that glass and called it half empty. In 2011, I'm going to do things differently. I'm going to stop worrying all the time...



I'm going to stop obsessing about all the tragedy in the world. I won't think anymore about all the innocent victims of this cold, uncaring universe. This asinine, meaningless world we inhabit, where the poorest and most down trodden are in constant peril. Where I can only have cat nip if someone decides I've been good enough. This world where I can look and look out that window, but I will never be let outside, destined to be little better than a feline automaton, feebly responding to physical sensation and the sound of my name being called, or a can of tuna being opened.




I've already failed.



No comments:

Post a Comment